Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10.24.2012

Church Website Progress


Before I started this blog, I was actually working on the website for my church, MPCAC (Metro-Phoenix Chinese Alliance Church) :D This is the very first time for me to build a website using Joomla, a Content Management System (CMS), in order to let our pastor and staff update information on the web more easily.

The installation part of Joomla was a breeze with the help of many useful Joomla tutorials on the web such as the videos from Joomla Direct. Using Joomla 2.5 is also not as difficult as I thought with the help of this super informative and simple video tutorial from CloudAccess.

However, as I know almost nothing about coding, I started out choosing a template from globbersthemes and started modifying the graphics inside bit by bit. The templates designed by Globbers are simply amazing and got the style I'm looking for, but the module positions of the template are very limited, and there's no documentation on the positions at all :(  I spent hours trying to figure out which codes to use to modify certain things and fix little bugs inside (still one bug haven't fixed). But still, I love Globber's template design, and they're not expensive at all (or free for lower Joomla versions)! 

Despite the occasional obstacles and doubts, getting the final approval from our pastor and being able to see the website on the live site gives me peace! It works out after all! Thank God!! :D

Here's a sneak peek of the site:







Will update on the progress of the site later! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment