Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10.30.2012

A little progress for the site :D



I was finally able to fix the slider problem of the template! Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally, the slider cannot load the first slide and only shows the little loading circle.


I tried to contact the template provider but no reply received. Somehow I figured out from the codes that the slider was originally from Nivo Slider, so I tried to use the Unite Nivo Slider extension in the Joomla site, but it just didn't show with the same background with slanted lines in the template :((( The first slide, however, was able to show without a problem. Then I contacted Unite Nivo Slider, but they were not able to fix that issue for me, because the slider was not appeared as a module in the website :( The slider was hard-coded inside the template.

BUT, they did give me a piece of very useful information: the Unite Nivo Slider only works WITH a position! That sounds obvious but that helped a lot!!! As I mentioned before the template has very limited positions, and I suddenly remember I saw some information a little while ago saying how to create a position in a template by myself! So I tried to create a new position in the template where the original showcase position was, with the extremely simple steps from this website, and put the Unite Nivo Slider inside! Voila! The slider appeared with the slanted lines background in the original template!

I'm ready to move on to the next thing on my to-do list: the floating banner!! Hope that I can also fix the drop-down menu issue as well!

UPDATE!

Got the floating banner working on the home page and the drop-down menu fixed!! I can't believe how simple it is to 'fix' the drop-down menu!! There is no problem at all with the original template, and the only thing I have to do to show the sub-menu properly is to click "Yes" in the "Show Sub-menu Items" under your menu module in Module Manager!!! Thank God again!!



No comments:

Post a Comment