Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11.09.2012

30th Anniversary Book for Church


So I'm almost done with the website (that's actually last week's news :p)! After spending a lot of time fine tuning a lot of things on the layout that people might not even notice, I'm finally moving on to the 30th Anniversary Book for the church.

(A little more on the fine-tuning, I learned that there are actually a lot of Nivo Sliders out there, so I finally understand why the tech support of Unite Nivo Slider told me the one I have in the template is not their Nivo Slider...:p Also, I found that I can add shadow to objects in the CSS file!!! I didn't know that kind of thing even existed :D <--- such a newbie. The code of box shadow I used:

box-shadow: 0px 1px 5px 0px #4A4A4A;

Notice the tiny little shadow around the box:


I also found that I can load a module within an article! It's like a miracle to me! This link shows you exactly how to do that!)

Back to the topic :p Before working on anything, we had to figure out the size of the book and contact the printing company for a quote. Because we are not printing a large quantity, with a limited budget, it's a little difficult to achieve the outcome I have in mind. What I wanted to do is to have perfect binding for the books, with a landscape or square layout (though it's kind of a waste of paper :p...but it looks so much better...).

After negotiating with the size, binding and pricing for a whole week, we seem to not have reached any conclusion. HOWEVER, we need the book published on/before Nov 23! And I still haven't worked on the layout yet because of the size still not determined! :( I really think that I wasted a lot of time this week, in which the time could be used to work on something more productive, like working on my stock illustrations :( Sorry, Tim :(

No comments:

Post a Comment