Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4.19.2013

Adobe Illustrator Brush Test



Ever since I started using Adobe Illustrator, I haven't really tried to use the brush sets because I always think that they look very fake. However, recently, because I want to submit some illustrations to a stock illustration site, and they need vector illustrations more, so I tried to see if I can achieve that hand-drawn feeling with AI.


Here's my first quick experiment with the Artistic_ChalkCharcoalPencil Brushes. I like the look of the 'Pencil thick' brush:



Applied it to the Noel illustration I drew with the Pen tool (P). 



Filled the illustration with color like usual.

With color on the background:


It's fun to use, but I'm not very satisfied with the outcome. I'll try to see if I can make a custom brush that can achieve what I want :)



No comments:

Post a Comment