Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11.21.2012

Church Anniversary Book Finished!!! :D



Some layouts and art elements I made at the very beginning in the brainstorming stage (they look too dark for the occasion, or too bright for the elderly to read the text).





Some screenshots of the work-in-progress layouts. Peaceful, calm, feel like home, comfortable, simple, clean...these are the keywords I have in mind when I was designing the layout, so I used a neutral/muted palette:






And I accidentally noticed one extremely beautiful thing in InDesign...


...the missing font highlight color!!! The color look soooooo pretty and it was a love at first sight!! At first, I didn't know the highlighted part means the font is missing there, and I tried to use the eye-dropper to sample the color (silly me). Well, but it's really very pretty, so I tried to google what color that is but in vain (sigh). I then tried to match that color myself and used that in the book :p Apparently, it's hard to make that same color with CMYK :p

Final Book Cover:

A more lively cover with a wheat field, symbolizing hope and the plentiful harvest mentioned in the Bible. It also matches with the wheat field in the website :) I tried to keep the layout clean.

Due to privacy issues, I can't share more of the inside here, but I'm glad that, with God's grace, I was able to finally put them all together and finished the 52-page book in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment